Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes randomly pauses songs

I m using itunes 9.1.1 and facing this big problem. When i start listening music, it randomly pauses music for few seconds (2-5sec) then continues to play automatically. PLEASE HELP

Macbook pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on May 27, 2010 12:26 AM

53 replies

May 27, 2010 1:52 AM in response to Aibak

Aibak wrote:
I m using itunes 9.1.1 and facing this big problem. When i start listening music, it randomly pauses music for few seconds (2-5sec) then continues to play automatically.

could you please check if there is activity in the scrubbing window ...

User uploaded file

... when the music pauses ? does the diamond in the progress bar continue to move or does it stop ?

also, could you please tell us more about your setup ? do you keep your iTunes library locally or e.g. on an external HD ? if the latter, is the HD connected directly to your Mac or is it hanging off e.g. an airport base station ?

lastly, what's your exact version of iTunes ? go iTunes > about iTunes. is your version 9.1.1 (11) ?

J GG

User uploaded file

May 27, 2010 4:14 AM in response to Aibak

Aibak wrote:
when the music pauses, the diamond icon also stops moving. i use the library locally i.e on my computer hard disk. the version of my itunes is 9.1.1 (12). Tq

okay, try this:

remove iTunes completely (click here and follow the instructions), then reinstall it. get a fresh copy from here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/.

this will disturb not your media files, playslist, or playcounts.

any improvement ?

J GG

User uploaded file

May 28, 2010 12:41 AM in response to Aibak

okay, so you backed up your data, then erased your internal HD and installed a fresh system. after that you move the data from your backup to the new system.

some questions:

1. how did you backup ? do you use time machine or are you cloning your system to an external HD ?
2. how did you put your data back ? did you restore from a time machine backup or did you move items manually from the clone ?

J GG

User uploaded file

Itunes randomly pauses songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.