Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charger Charges Intermittently

Okay, I know these kind of problems with charging and batteries are old hat for Macbook Pro owners, but I am a new MBP owner, with one of the newest MBPs (7,1), a 13 inch. Just recently my charger has started deciding when it wants to charge my computer.

I have tried both the three prong extension and the little two prong one, both on numerous outlets with no luck. I have tried my brothers older charger and it works fine on my computer so I know the issue is with my charger.

I just wanted to check and see if anyone had any tips? I'll prolly just take it to the Apple Store soon. I must admit... I feel slightly let down by Apple with this latest computer...

Macbook Pro 13" 2.4 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.3), Windows XP SP3

Posted on May 27, 2010 9:47 AM

1 reply

May 28, 2010 4:01 AM in response to Chaoguy

Definitely not old hat. Charging an MBP has never been a common problem I have heard of.

Actually, it is not the charger that decides, it is the battery that decides. If the battery is full (over 95% roughly) it will not charge (orange light as opposed to green).

If you mean NO light instead of some light (not clear from your post). It could be the charger, but is more likely a mechanical problem with the outlet or extension cord you are using. Plug it in somewhere else.

Charger Charges Intermittently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.