Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

30" monitor Power switch erratic functions with loss of control.

Has any one seen the following, I have a brand new 30" cinema display which is acting up.
1) Intermitently, the power button on the side simply stops responding. This happened initially when the monitor was configured to "sleep" the computer, but now happens when it is configured to turn the monitor on and off.
2) When the monitor is turned of and the computer is powered off, the monitor seems to "wake up" and the status light blinks erratically and does not fit the flashing error status codes set up by apple.
3) The power brick is "HOT" - under usual circumstances, does the power brick become very hot???? Mine can cook and egg. I figure this is not correct.

The only way to somewhat fix this problem is to unplug the monitor from AC power and then reconnect it. I have apple care on this monitor.
Anyone else seen this behavior and what was the status of your monitor and repair???

Thanks for any posts on this topic.

MacBook Pro with 30' Cinema Display, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on May 28, 2010 4:38 AM

There are no replies.

30" monitor Power switch erratic functions with loss of control.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.