Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMAP with blueyonder (aka Virgin media)email address

I have trouble getting my blueyonder emails from imap.blueyonder.co.uk server. I get the error, the server can not be found I also on 2 gmails no problem from them.. I have tried pop3 server however that works as it should but I want to use IMAP cos I am on the move a lot. I have tried poets 993,994,995 and 110 (which I know is pop3). No one else has reported this problem I copied the sa,me settings from my iphone to this. Anyone got the same solution?

A little off topic: I am on O2-UK 3G network I didn't know which number to put in when I first started I put in my home number is this correct or do I have just make one up?

Targa 3700+, Windows XP Pro, O2-UK 3G blueyonder

Posted on May 28, 2010 12:57 PM

7 replies

May 31, 2010 6:32 AM in response to Danny.padova

I have the same problem. I have tried using imap.blueyonder.co.uk and imap4.blueyonder.co.uk, both with SSL using port 93, and both with my old username and my new username (my full email address, primary alias) but the server is not recognised as an IMAP server (the advanced settings are the same as those for a POP server).

Anyone found a solution to this.

Jun 3, 2010 6:37 AM in response to Danny.padova

I've been having exactly the same problem but have just amanged to work it out. As you say you need a box to choose IMAP or POP. I managed to get one by creating a new account using an incorrect @blueyonder.co.uk email address. After it checks for account settings you then get an "cannot find account details" error it's defaulted to POP but at this point you have option of selecting IMAP. I filled in the IMAP details as per

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1002&PAR TITIONID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&USERTYPE=1&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=National&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTI CLEID=37924

and it worked perfectly straight away.

IMAP with blueyonder (aka Virgin media)email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.