Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word 2008 for Mac - toolbars

I have upgraded to Word 2008 for Mac - but whenever I open it the toolbars arent there as they used to be in previous versions or on PCs. I cant find a setting to have them there as a default. I have to go to Edit - Toolbars and 'un-tick' the standard toolbar and then 'click' it again - then it stays there - but only for that document and not any others that are open at the same time.
Does anyone know how to have the toolbar there as a default?
thanks.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on May 29, 2010 9:12 AM

4 replies

Aug 16, 2010 1:38 PM in response to Arnie C

Arnie C,

I'm not aware of any toolbar settings under the Edit menu. Are you referring to one under View > Toolbars? You can try deleting the Office & Word .plists from ~/Library/Preferences and then restart. Perhaps that might assist.

com.microsoft.Word.plist
com.microsoft.office.plist

Another thing to add, you've asked this question in the 'display' sub forum which is designed for questions regarding the display/monitor and related hardware issues. You might wish to ask this question via Microsoft's Office for Mac support forums/channels.

Word 2008 for Mac - toolbars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.