Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete an application? (permanently)

Hello,
I do know how to delete applications from my Iphone. I know that you simply press and hold the application, and then, while it is "wiggling" you press the "x" and it disappears. But what I have noticed is that this only seems to remove the application from the phone, it does not actually delete the application. When I go to the application tab during a sync process, I can still see the unwanted appication, it doesn't have a check in the box, (which is why it doesn't appear on my phone), but it is still there. Is there a way to permanently delete unwanted applications? For example, I have tried the "free" or "lite" versions of several applications that I have later decided to purchase the upgraded version. I obviously will NEVER need the older versions, but I can't figure out how to get rid of them?

Any suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.5), 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on May 29, 2010 3:47 PM

1 reply

How to delete an application? (permanently)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.