Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to uninstall apps?

Can't seem to figure out how to uninstall apps?

Thanks in advance...

3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB, 27" iMAC, Mac OS X (10.6.2), iPAD, App TV

Posted on May 30, 2010 8:45 AM

8 replies

May 30, 2010 9:04 AM in response to dlg_az

If you have Sync Apps selected under the Apps tab for your iPad sync preferences with iTunes (and you should) and an app is selected to be installed on your iPad, if you delete the app with your iPad - not by deselecting the app under the Apps tab for your iPad sync preferences followed by a sync which will remove the app from your iPad, the app remains selected under the Apps tab for your iPad sync preferences. If you don't deselect the app under the Apps tab for your iPad sync preferences with iTunes before the next sync after deleting the app with your iPad, the app will be re-installed on your iPad with the next sync since the app remains selected.

Apr 17, 2011 2:13 PM in response to Allan Sampson

I don't understand why iTunes doesn't just deselect if for me? It should detect that I manually deleted on the iPad, so why should I need to repeat that procedure on itunes?

Additionally, when I install an app on the iPad, it gets deleted if I don't also select it in iTunes later.

This just seems like a bug to me that should be remedied. I have 1000's of apps, and it sometimes crashes iTunes if I scroll the list trying to select/deselect apps. Perhaps I should just delete all my apps in itunes and start over with a smaller list of apps that I really use?

Also, if I decide to not Sync Apps, will it still backup my data? How about my restore if I need to do that?

How to uninstall apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.