Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unstick the hour when entering a new event?

Suddenly, when I enter a new event, I cannot change the hour from the default 1:00. I can change the minutes but not the hour. Any ideas on how to solve this on my IMac?

IMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 31, 2010 9:48 AM

5 replies

May 31, 2010 10:40 AM in response to aubite

aubite,

Welcome to Apple Discussions.

One of the first things to try when iCal misbehaves is to refresh the iCal plist file. You will find the "com.apple.iCal.plist" file in your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder. Quit iCal, and drag the .plist file to your Desktop. Log out/in or restart and let us know what happens.

;~)

User uploaded file

Jun 3, 2010 9:49 AM in response to aubite

aubite,

Repeat the plist removal which I specified in my first post, then open System Preferences...>Lanuguage & Text>Formats>Region: and set/re-set the appropriate region.

You can delete any/all of the plist files which were moved to your Desktop. The plist file could be trashed immediately, but it may not have been the problem, and dragging it to the Desktop allows replacement if that is the case.

;~)

User uploaded file

How do I unstick the hour when entering a new event?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.