Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos synced from iPhoto have black bars

All my photos from iPhoto that have been synced to my iPad are not full screen. You can zoom to full screen but normal viewing shows black bars on the sides or top depending on the orientation.

How can I fix this? Also, the picture frame slideshow screws up every couple of images. It will all of a sudden be zoomed all the way in on an image, looks terrible.

Any help on these two matters is much appreciated.

IPad 16gb WiFi, iPhone OS 3.1.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2010 2:54 AM

1 reply

Jun 1, 2010 11:12 AM in response to labeck

Mine has the black bars too. If the aspect ratio isn't perfect, .ie 4x3, it fills the difference with black. I am not sure how this is a problem.

If the app automatically enlarged the photo to exactly hide the missing data, then the other sides would need to be trimmed off of the display to have the correct aspect ratio. If not, the photo H x W ratio would be caddy-whompus.

Photos synced from iPhoto have black bars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.