Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 Ultimate won't load home-shared library on Mac Pro

I have a Mac Pro with the all the latest system software and iTunes. It is my primary machine for iTunes.

I have a desktop PC running Windows 7 Ultimate with the latest system software and the 64 bit version of iTunes loaded.

Both machines are logged in to the iTunes store with the same account number. Both have home sharing turned on. The Mac can see the PC's shared library (named W7) and the PC can see the Mac's shared library (named PK).

Both libraries are the same. The PC one was copied from the Mac. Both libraries have 19,000 music files.

The Mac Pro and the PC have their ethernet cables connected to the back of my Airport Express base station, so the connection is a 1 Gb ethernet connection.

From the Mac: it takes about 15 to 20 seconds for the PC's library to show up on the Mac.

From the PC: iTunes says: Loading "PK", then just sits there for about 3 to 5 minutes and then iTunes just goes back to the Music icon on the PC's library.

A PC laptop running Windows 7 Home Edition also has the same problem with accessing the Mac's library.

I have turned off Norton 360 on the PC and tried again with the same result. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes on the PC and the problem persists.

Using two other laptops connected wirelessly on my home network, both running OS 10.6.3, they can access the Mac's library in about 15 seconds. They can also access the PC's library in about 15 seconds.

I have spent hours on trying to get this to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jun 2, 2010 6:49 AM

There are no replies.

Windows 7 Ultimate won't load home-shared library on Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.