Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I include Exchange domain in Mail setup?

Our company is running Exchange 2007, OWA enabled, EWS is setup, Auto discovery is enable. The only thing I haven't got an answer on is whether Service Pack 4 has been installed. The server is set up with a domain specified but I don't know where to include that in the Mail Account Setup. Mail seems to be locating the server fine but it says username or password can not be verified. I can only assume that it's because I haven't included the domain correctly.

iPad (and I assume iPhone/iTouch) have a field in their setup to include the domain and a coworker is connecting fine with to the company server. Where is it in Mail? I have tried to prepend it to my username (domain/username) but it hasn't worked. I can't recall all the variations I have tried of this, but unless I have the domain first in the username field, Mail won't even connect to the server. I've been all over these boards and dozens more and I can't find any answers to this problem.

Any here have any ideas? Thanks,
Mike D

MacBook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 4 gig RAM

Posted on Jun 2, 2010 4:46 PM

8 replies

Jun 22, 2010 1:00 PM in response to mike_donahue

Hi. I'm having precisely the same problem. My Exchange account works like a charm on my iPhone, but all permutations of the same settings simply don't work in OS X Mail (v. 4.3).

Has anyone out there set up an Exchange account with a domain? Can you tell us where you put it to get the account to work?

Thanks!

Jun 22, 2010 1:42 PM in response to Asatoran

Thanks Asatoran. That turned out to be part of the solution for me. The other part was changing the port I used for the SSL connection -- it was set wrong at some point, either because the default was wrong, or because I forgot I had changed it in troubleshooting before trying the slash the way you suggest. Anyway, the port number for some reason doesn't show up on my iPhone settings, so it didn't occur to me to tweak it.

Where do I include Exchange domain in Mail setup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.