Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube Keeps Crashing on iPad

Youtube on the iPad seems to be crashing all the time. Trying to find a pattern to this behavior seems to be a futile effort. I read on some other posts that if the app tried to play the movies when it wasn't buffered, it caused a crash. But I'm seeing several crashes when a clip reaches its end. Also if I try to exit full screen mode by using the pinch gesture, it often leads to crashes. By crash, I mean the app simply quits and I see the homescreen. This is getting to a point where I am no longer able to view more than 3-4 videos without the app crashing once on me. All of the other apps on my iPad work fine. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad 16GB Non-3G, Other OS

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2010 10:14 AM

You can report it here:
http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Get expert help here:
http://www.apple.com/support/expert/
4 replies

Jun 16, 2010 11:10 PM in response to Rex Ng

Some of the older videos are still in the flash format. If you trying to view a new video on YouTube that has been sent to YouTube. YouTube converts to the flash format and then to the Quicktime after that. The conversion to Quicktime can take a few minutes or even a few hours depending on the video and traffic to the site. I think they serve over a billion videos a day.....

YouTube Keeps Crashing on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.