Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone time off by 5 minutes... my wife's is fine.

My iphone is off by 5 minutes from my wife's iphone. We had a bet as to whose iphone was incorrect.

Turns out I have to do the dishes all week.

My Iphone 3G is 4-5 minutes behind every clock I can find that keeps accurate time. I looked up the official time online as well as a few other friend's iPhones. Mine is off.

My wife and I both have iPhone 3Gs.... and live in the same house. We have not jailbroke our phones or anything. I have never dropped it, I keep it in a case.

Any ideas how to fix this timing issue?

I've done a shut down restart. Let the battery drain dead. I sync to my computer on a daily basis.

I've searched for answers but have never found anything.

Thanks.

Fraky

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6), Duo Processor

Posted on Jun 4, 2010 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2010 12:50 AM

Did you setup your phone for automatic time synching with the carrier?

Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically > ON
54 replies

Jun 17, 2010 11:31 AM in response to txschick06

Did anyone ever figure this problem out? I have four iPhone's in the family, and one of them (a 3G) is slow four minutes. Apple support on the phone is useless for this. They insist that we don't have the "Set Automatically" switched to "ON" - no - this is a software glitch I assume. I've tried everything I can think of, including a complete restore of the phone - and nothing works.

So, as we should I searched out the problem here, and found this thread from a while ago...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

Jun 20, 2010 9:40 AM in response to Treble57

Hello again everyone.

I originally started this post and have some more information to pass along.

To answer a few questions above.

YES, my iphone's Date & Time setting- was set to "Set Automatically": This would produce the wrong time. I eventually set it to manual and set the correct time myself. This would at least keep the correct time.

My iphone started to develop more issues after I had created the original post. Mainly these following two issues:
1. Bright Green pixels that would appear on my screen in the same location everytime but only occasionally
2. My home button stopped working correctly. I would have to push it multiple times in order for it to work. Or push it very firmly.

I took my iPhone into an apple store and they replaced it. No hassle. I have a new iPHone of the same model. Which is an iPHone 3G (not a 3Gs as I posted early... sorry my typo)

My wife has a 3Gs and she just informed me today that her clock is about 5 minutes off now. UGH... however my new 3G is keeping time just fine.

We are going to keep a close eye on her phone to see if it starts developing any of the issues my previous iPhone 3G had.

If any of this helps great. If anyone finds any solutions to the slow clock issue please let me know.

-Fraky

Jun 22, 2010 6:51 PM in response to TexasIphone3G

I would also like to know the resolution.

I am in the DFW area and experiencing the same issue. My phone is about 4 minutes off. Gets very annoying, especially when trying to be on time for meetings.

Another thing I noticed. I can receive a text from someone, and it shows a future time (a couple minutes ahead). And then send a text to someone else (after receiving previous text). And my newly sent text actually shows up below, so there are definitely some weird things going on.

Jun 26, 2010 1:01 PM in response to nodnarb725

Hey guys,
I've been going nuts on this issue as well.
I just got an iPhone4 the other day and noticed too that the ATT Network Time is slow by 4 minutes on the iPhone4. I have two 3G iPads and 1 iPhone 3GS, all show the correct time except the iPhone4. I even swapped out the MicoSIM's on my iPad to the iPhone4 and the iPads SIM in the iPhone4 showed the wrong time, and the iPhone4's SIM showed the right time.
What I can say is if I do a Restore on the iPhone4 to a new iPhone, the time is CORRECT, but if you reboot the iPhone the time becomes slow by 4 minutes.
So I can't figure out if its a ATT issue or an Apple issue.

Jun 26, 2010 2:11 PM in response to bothfly

So- it doesn't sound like it's a specific phone issues. I have an iPhone3G, my wife's is a 3Gs and yours is an iPhone4. How is that beast by the way. It looks awesome.

On my old iphone G3 that was acting up I had to set my time manually. At least this way it didn't lose time. That was the only solution I found.

settings>general>date&time> Set Automatically to off. Enter timezone to Dallas and set the date and time to the correct times.

However, my new iPhone3G has the right time (so far) and it's set to Automatic. My wife's is still off. I figure it's got something to do with AT&T. I think the iphone pulls the time from the towers? Can anyone verify that?

I wonder why it's just limited to the DFW area? I may go into Apple and talk to them about it this week. But really maybe I should talk to AT&T.

-Fraky

Jun 26, 2010 3:19 PM in response to Fraky

I've been on the phone with ATT twice today, no help at all.
With Apple as well, not much help there either, I normally travel quite a bit but am not planning a trip until next wed.
What I don't understand is how I could have 3 ATT devices connected to the local tower all reporting the correct time except this one iPhone. To me it seems to be a simple ATT issue, which may fix itself next week when I leave town.
Or its could be a iPhone software/hardware problem.
What makes it stranger is we are all in the DFW area, so I'm hoping it is due to ATT.
I'm on hold with Apple again right now to see what they come up with.
I am running the new iOS4 which came on this iPhone4, is anyone getting the wrong time on the 3.0 version software?

My Iphone time off by 5 minutes... my wife's is fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.