Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo albums on iPad

How do I create photo albums on iPad?

iPad, Other OS

Posted on Jun 5, 2010 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2010 2:30 AM

You need to put the different groups of photos in different folders on your computer and then put those folders within a main folder. When you sync this though ITunes the folders will appear as separate albums. In Photos you will have a photos and an albums tab.
15 replies

Jun 9, 2010 3:55 AM in response to dpinsonn

The way the iPad handles photos is a major flaw for me. When it syncs photo folders from my computer to the ipad it totally ignores all subfolders. So, on my ipad I have one huge album called Travel with all the photos from many different trips all combined as one. Why can't I have a subAlbums of all the different trips? The ipad really needs to be able to display subAlbums.

Jun 9, 2010 9:38 AM in response to rschissler

You can in Windows/ipad. Create a master photo sync folder on your pc with no photo's in the master folder.

THen, place subfolders in that master photo's with photos in the subfolders.

Name the subfolders what you'd have the albums be named.

When you sync to the ipad, the subfolders will be individual albums on the ipad with the folder's names.

Photo albums on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.