Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export multiple vCards from address book -

I want to export my address book to a file so I can import it into an Outlook contacts. I can export the vCard but I can only export one file at a time. If I select to export the 'All Contacts' under Groups it still only does one vCard at a time. How do I export all of my vCards easily to a file and then import to Outlook?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jun 5, 2010 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2010 8:21 PM

Click once on "All Contacts", and then once on any of the names showing. Click on the Edit Menu and choose "select all" and then go to File Menu and select Export -> Export VCard. I just tried it and it resulted in one file containing all my contacts.
7 replies

Jun 6, 2010 9:11 AM in response to prp39

Use Automator to export individual vCards from your Address Book. Do this:

Automator vCard Instructions: 1. Open Address Book. 2. Select entries you would like to export as individual vCards. 3. Open Automator. 4. Select Custom Workflow. 5. Add the following workflows in this order: Get Selected Address Book Items, Export VCards. 6. Change the setting in the Export VCards flow item to "Individual VCards". 7. Select a folder to export the VCard files. 8. Click Run.

Export multiple vCards from address book -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.