Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A photo has been found in the iPhoto Library that was not imported... AAGGH

I connected my camera to iPhoto yesterday and chose NOT to import two photos which are already i my gallery. Now every time I open iPhoto it greets me with -

"A photo has been found in the iPhoto Library that was not imported. Would you like to import it?"

I keeps selecting no but it gives returning with -

"The photo has been placed in the folder /Users/XXXXX/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Recovered Photos_12"

And the folder number is going up and up...

How do I stop iPhoto from doing this?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.3), iPhoto

Posted on Jun 6, 2010 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2010 3:44 AM

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for a Folder called 'Import' or 'Importing'.

Drag it to the Desktop. *Make no other changes*.

Start iPhoto. Does that help?

If it does then look inside that folder on your desktop. Does it contain anything you want? If not you can trash the folder.

Regards

TD
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2010 3:44 AM in response to Keith Tomlinson1

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for a Folder called 'Import' or 'Importing'.

Drag it to the Desktop. *Make no other changes*.

Start iPhoto. Does that help?

If it does then look inside that folder on your desktop. Does it contain anything you want? If not you can trash the folder.

Regards

TD

A photo has been found in the iPhoto Library that was not imported... AAGGH

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.