Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot remove usernames and passwords from Auto-fill in Safari

In Preferences, I go to Auto Fill. I choose "Usernames and passwords". I click "Edit". I then see a list of the URL's and associated password that I have stored. I highlight the URL and password that I want to remove. I click the "Remove"- button. Nothing happens! The Remove button is active but The URL and password that I tried to remove are still there! What to do?

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 7, 2010 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2010 1:10 PM

HI,

Open Keychain Access (Applications/Utilities) Select Passwords on the left.

Delete the keychain for that url. Quit Keychain Access. Relaunch Safari. Go to Safari/Preferences - Autofill - User names and passwords. See if you can delete it now.

If not, open Keychain Access again, select Passwords on the left, find the "Safari Forms AutoFill" item. Delete it.

Relaunch Safari and see if you can delete that url now.

Carolyn 🙂
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2010 1:10 PM in response to nheering

HI,

Open Keychain Access (Applications/Utilities) Select Passwords on the left.

Delete the keychain for that url. Quit Keychain Access. Relaunch Safari. Go to Safari/Preferences - Autofill - User names and passwords. See if you can delete it now.

If not, open Keychain Access again, select Passwords on the left, find the "Safari Forms AutoFill" item. Delete it.

Relaunch Safari and see if you can delete that url now.

Carolyn 🙂

Cannot remove usernames and passwords from Auto-fill in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.