Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.nib decompiler?

Does anybody know how I can decompile a .nib so I can view it in Interface Builder? You know, like before Snow Leopard?

15" MacBook Pro (2.8GHz), Mac OS X (10.5.7), June 2009 Model

Posted on Jun 7, 2010 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2010 8:32 PM

You will need to have an editable .nib package, with at least the keyedobjects.nib file to match things up. Since almost all nibs in Snow Leopard are compiled, without the source .xib file you are pretty much out of luck.
3 replies

Jul 13, 2010 10:40 AM in response to red_menace

Hi,
I do not know if I am in the right place but I'm a newbby and my issue is with a .nib file.
I'm following the "xcode quick tour guide" and when I get to Creating a Project > Editing Project Files > Using Interface Builder, it says to double-click on the mainmenu.nib, then In the MainMenu.nib window, click Classes.
When I do this, I do not get the window as shown in the tutorial. I just get a finder window showing me the contents of mainmenu.nib (keyobjects.nib and designable.nib).
I think I might be missing a software component because my .nib file's icons are a plain white sheet instead of the square yellowish icon shown in the tutorial. It's as if I was missing the program that reads .nib files or something.
I hope I'm making sense and I can get some help.
Thank you

.nib decompiler?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.