Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi -can connect for email, but not internet

I am using a home network and can successfully connect my Ipad to the network, and receive email. However when trying to access internet pages, the search times out with a message "unable to load - server timed out". Other computers on same network can access same pages without issue. Anyone any clues?

Dell

Posted on Jun 8, 2010 5:13 AM

5 replies

Jun 30, 2010 6:38 PM in response to kjx5

Did you try the Apple suggestions of turning off "Ask to join networks" and turn screen brightness down? This helped us with most of our WiFi issues. Interesting though, is that I have the opposite problem. My Internet access is fine, but I can't get email with the iPad email app. I took it to the Apple store and my email worked great, got back home and just "spinning" with no response.

Dec 1, 2015 11:48 AM in response to kjx5

I had this problem and resolved it just now.

The problem was emails worked, but no internet with Safari. First, I thought it was some DNS problem. So, I pinged Google.com, then got 216.58.219.238. I tried to open google.com page using this, http://216.58.219.238, but the page still didn't open. So, it was not DNS problem.

What I did was, I want to Settings/Wi-Fi, then click '!' in the connected network. Then click 'Renew Lease' in DHCP. I released IP address of my ipad and renewed clicking the button 'Renew Lease'. Once I clicked it, the button turned gray. I restarted iPad, then everything worked.

WiFi -can connect for email, but not internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.