Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 5 Fullscreen?

Am I blind? Can't find any fullscreen options under view for Safari 5. Please enlighten me 😉

Posted on Jun 8, 2010 5:00 AM

34 replies

Jan 17, 2017 9:50 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Wut?

I wasn't talking about video (read my post). I'm just talking about Fullscreen (go look in your firefox: there's a fullscreen option under view). So your post is completely useless. I don't care about HTML5 video - that's a whole different topic. Thanks.

Jan 17, 2017 9:50 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Sorry, but you are talking BS!

I'm already using a tool called BetterTouchTool which automatially maximezes windows to specific sizes the user can define. So that is not the issue.

What you don't seem to understand is, what I'm talking about - at all.

Go in Firefox
hit Shift + Cmd + F
and see the miracle.

And then go tell me where that option is in Safari 5.

Thanks.

Jan 17, 2017 9:50 AM in response to liam27

Then why didn't he say it?

Yes, I'm aware of Glims but this plug-in smells pretty dead atm. No updates for a few months and lot's of issues are why I just uninstalled that this morning.

That lost me the Fullscreen options + the screensaver option to have the last tabs reopen.

Any alternatives? Well I really like the firefox fullscreen-view so I might just stick with firefox. So this is the 5th attempt that Apple failed to convince me of their browser.

Sad statistics.

Jan 17, 2017 9:50 AM in response to David M Brewer

I never said, the update-info mentioned that.

Doesn't anybody read??? This thread is useless. I'm out of here. The answer is: NO it does NOT support fullscreen. And since I consider that basic functionality of a browser I say "thanks" and close this.

Yes, I am aware, how to maximize a window.
Yes, I am aware, that Glims exists.

Jun 8, 2010 8:55 AM in response to Community User

Since when has it been a basic function? By who? I guess your the one who doesn't read or at least didn't read what's new in Safari 5. I guess when a competitor makes a change to their program (firefox) every body must follow suit. Firefox doesn't have the Read function, it a basIc function...what's up with that?

Gee, when something new comes out some people complain.

Message was edited by: David M Brewer

Safari 5 Fullscreen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.