Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login Items Remote Volume, always open window on Boot

I've set up connecting to a drive on a network, and then dragged the volume into the Accounts/login items. So that everytime it reboots it connects to theses volumes, however each time it does it also opens a window for each of them. I have ticked the hide box next to them, but neither makes any difference.

Thanks

Matt

Mac Pro Early 2008, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 10GB

Posted on Jun 8, 2010 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2010 9:01 AM

Hi Matt,

the hide box sadly only works with applications. It is normal behaviour for network volumes to open a Finder window. The only way to circumvent this is to mount the volume via script instead of via Login Items.

Björn
3 replies

Jun 9, 2010 1:40 AM in response to MattJayC

Yes, that is one way to do it. I usually make a shell script and package it as an application using Platypus.

To do so you would use a text editor (I prefer pico) to create a script file with the .command extension and make it executable. The syntax is as follows:

mkdir /Volumes/yourvolume
mkdir /Volumes/anothervolume
mount_afp afp://username:password@server/yourvolume /Volumes/yourvolume
mount_afp afp://username:password@server/anothervolume /Volumes/anothervolume

Of course you can leave out username:password@ and you can use mount_smb as well as other protocols.

http://www.sveinbjorn.org/platypus

Login Items Remote Volume, always open window on Boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.