Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

buying iphone 4 without contract

I'm currently running t mobile, I was wondering if you have to be a current att member to be able to buy the I-phone without contract or is the no contract deal available to everybody regardless of their current carrier.

thanks, Andrew

Message was edited by: andrewhtc

sony, Windows 7, quad core

Posted on Jun 8, 2010 2:31 PM

9 replies

Jun 9, 2010 5:03 AM in response to maanco

maanco wrote:
If you really want to get the iPhone 4, be aware its locked to att and even if you were able to unlock it with after a jailbreak, t-mobiles 3G want work on this device because both carriers don't run on the same 3G frequency.

beleive it also uses a micro sim instead of the same one that the 3g/s does

Message was edited by: Wingrider01

Jun 9, 2010 3:25 PM in response to Matthew Granda

What does "early upgrade fee" mean?

Is there a time limit/deadline to upgrade?

(My 2-year contract doesn't expire until July 2011.)

And creepers on the $499 price for 32g. In July '09 my new, first-time-ever iPhone 3Gs, 32g, was $399. So did apple add $100 for the G4-32g because it's an "improved" G4, or is it simply inflation? 🙂

Even though it ouches, I will definitely have to get one... eventually.

Jun 9, 2010 3:38 PM in response to macs4bg

To answer my own question:
Checked the ATT link in above post.
From iphone enter *NEW# for upgrade eligibility.

Answer from ATT:

"A full discount on a standard handset or iPhone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 03/03/2011. We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price with a 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please visit a participating iPhone sales location for pricing on this offer."

buying iphone 4 without contract

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.