Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing images while keeping the audio

I'm not sure if this was ever asked and resolved before (if it was, I couldn't find it). I am using IMovie '08. I have a video clip (let's call this Clip 'A') whose audio I want to use, but I don't want the video. Clip 'A' currently resides in Itunes as a movie (it's the performance of one song from a live concert dvd). I'm working on a movie project, let's call that Clip 'B.' I initially tried clicking on the music icon in IMovie and dragging Clip 'A' up to Clip 'B' to use Clip 'A' audio on the Clip 'B' video. It refused to paste. So, I went into Iphoto and imported Clip 'A' into the Iphoto library. Upon re-opening IMovie, Clip A is now a video I can edit. What I would like to do now is place Clip 'A' in the project, but remove the actual images therein. I want to then take Clip 'B' and have that be the video that plays while the audio from Clip 'A.' Is this possible? How can I do this? Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.3), IMovie '08, Iphoto '08

Posted on Jun 9, 2010 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2010 10:56 PM

There are probably several ways to do this. The first that comes to mind is to drag "Clip A" into a new project. Then go to the Menu - Share>Export using QuickTime and select the export format as "Sound to AIFF". Save to your Desktop then drag that .aiff file into your "Clip B" main project. Position the audio clip appropriately. Finally, mute the audio in "Clip B" and also adjust the volume level for "Clip A" to suit your preference.

If you prefer, you can import the .aiff file to iTunes and convert it to either AAC or mp3.

John

Message was edited by: John Cogdell
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2010 10:56 PM in response to CrystalEsq

There are probably several ways to do this. The first that comes to mind is to drag "Clip A" into a new project. Then go to the Menu - Share>Export using QuickTime and select the export format as "Sound to AIFF". Save to your Desktop then drag that .aiff file into your "Clip B" main project. Position the audio clip appropriately. Finally, mute the audio in "Clip B" and also adjust the volume level for "Clip A" to suit your preference.

If you prefer, you can import the .aiff file to iTunes and convert it to either AAC or mp3.

John

Message was edited by: John Cogdell

Removing images while keeping the audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.