Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leaving iPad on as Bedside clock

I would like to use my iPad as a bedside clock, I am worried about causing damage to the screen by having it on all night. Does anyone know any details on this?

Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jun 10, 2010 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2010 4:39 PM

I use my ipad as my alarm clock whenever i travel. There is a free app that works great. Loved it! Big green numbers and it worked out great. No screen burn in or anything!
11 replies

Jul 17, 2010 6:44 AM in response to DiscoBunny

I experimented with my iPad and iPhone 3GS last night and while the alarm clock on the iPhone did not run down the battery the app called goodNite did run down the battery on the iPad.

I am looking at a lot of international travel and some of those places do not have more than one electrical socket where I sleep and they are not usually close to the bed.

So will the OS4 on the iPad work more like the native alarm clock on the iPhone or is that in part an issue related to the particular app?

Leaving iPad on as Bedside clock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.