Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 5 bookmarks

I have upgraded to Safari 5, but previously had been using Firefox almost exclusively. As a result, my Firefox browser has a more complete bookmarks list. How do I transfer it to my Safari Browser, which doesn't have such a long bookmarks list?

2.2Ghz MacBook 13.3" (Black), 160GB HD/SuperDrive, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 2 GB SDRAM

Posted on Jun 10, 2010 10:49 PM

12 replies

Jun 12, 2010 5:50 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks Carolyn!

So far, so good. However, Firefox's tutorial didn't mention that I would have to delete Safari's existing bookmarks, then copy the new ones from the import to the Bookmarks Menu. No matter. I figured it out. However, I have not been able to get the Bookmarks Toolbar to display the bookmarks in it across the top of the Browser as before. I can click on Bookmarks Toolbar to get a drop down menu of them, but that is not as convenient as seeing them individually listed horizontally across the top. Any ideas?

Jun 14, 2010 9:58 PM in response to Spokesman4

The Bookmarks Bar still shows bookmarks horizontally. That hasn't changed. To "reveal" the Bar, simply press the Shift/Command/B keys.

I suspect something odd is going on in the Bookmarks Manager. Press the Option/Command/B keys to open the Manager. On the left you ought to see a Bookmarks Bar Collection. Click on it. On the right of the panel, you'll now see all Bookmarks belonging to that collection. These will appear on the Bookmarks Bar. Please confirm that's what you are seeing on your machine.

May 31, 2014 8:42 PM in response to Spokesman4

Yes, that how I populated the top of my browser with items important to me. Just dragged them up there. Now, if only I could figure out a way to structure my bookmarks section. I have SO MANY bookmarks! And it becomes impossible to read through all of them to figure out where I new book mark belongs --- it is just too time consuming. If anyone has insights, I'm all ears! Thanks in advance.

Safari 5 bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.