Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Click To Flash

I loaded Click To Flash when I had Safari 4.5 to stop the unnecessary and automatic loading of flash content on web pages. After that I had zero crashed pages. Now with S5, it seems that Safari is trying to load Flash content and ClicktoFlash is stopping it, as it should. But I'm beginning to believe that my crashes, which number from 5-6 per day is due to Flash and ClicktoFlash anomaly. I have downloaded the latest version of Flash Player. Any ideas out there. I do not want to reload Safari 4.5 unless I have to since there are some things (extensions) that are worthy of keeping the latest version.

Mini Core Duo and 2 Macbook Pro's 17", Mac OS X (10.6.3), airport extreme network, two printers.

Posted on Jun 11, 2010 7:10 AM

6 replies

Jun 23, 2010 3:23 PM in response to Michael Sanford1

With Safari 5 it seems that it has broken the Plug-in Click to Flash.

Until the plugin is update to work with 5, you will need to remove it.

It is located in your Internet Plug-ins directory. /Users/yournamehere/Library/Internet Plug-ins/ClickToFlash.webplugin Drag that fella to the trash. In the meantime you may want to use Chrome and use the built in plug-in blocker.

I wrote an article about how to use the plug-in blocker under Chrome until the Click to Flash team rewrites their plugin for Safari.

http://bit.ly/cu39yX
'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Peter Hsu
http://www.mobile-upfitters.com

Jun 23, 2010 3:51 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

+With Safari 5 it seems that it has broken the Plug-in Click to Flash.+

+Until the plugin is update to work with 5, you will need to remove it.+

Where did you get this info from? I have the latest plugin installed, and installed under Safari 4. There is no issue whatsoever with it's compatibility with Safari 5. Safari 5 is running faster, loading faster and is showing no issues whatsoever, and I am running a G4 Powerbook on !0.5.8

Did not even have to reset Click To Flash. All good, as with most users, just not the handful here.

Cheers

Click To Flash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.