Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem sycing iPhone 3G to new MacBook Pro: syncing does not stop

Until two days ago I used to sync my iPhone 3G to a MacBook Pro purchased in 2008 (Mac OS X 10.5.4). I have just bought a MacBook Pro 15", 2.66 GHz, Intel Core i7 (Mac OS X 10.6.3).

The problem is: When syncing the iPhone with iTunes, syncing never stops (it may last for hours). When I stop syncing manually, I can see that calendars, address book, applications, mail account, and songs did sync; however not audiobooks and pictures.

I have read several topics in Apple discussions. Following recommendations there, I have done several things with no success:

I have restored the iphone several times (either using the settings of a February back-up, or just default settings). I have Reset Sync History in iSync. I have reinstalled iTunes following the instructions in: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1747. I have tryed to sync just the pictures by un-selecting the audiobooks. Nothing works: when I click on Sync, the window on the upper part of iTunes remains active forever with the following message: Syncing "my name's iPhone"...

I shall appreciate very much any help to be able to use my iPhone like I did with my old Mac.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3), MacBook Pro is hooked to a 24" Apple LED Cinema Display-ZML

Posted on Jun 11, 2010 8:38 AM

2 replies

Jun 14, 2010 1:22 AM in response to Acqua

I have partially solved the problem:

I was able to sync the Audiobooks after Organizing the Library in iTunes and validating the audiobooks in Audible. However, I am still unable to sync the pictures; the upper window in iTunes remains active forever and selected folders with pictures do not sync to the iphone.

Thank you in advance to those who can give me a hint to solve the problem.

Problem sycing iPhone 3G to new MacBook Pro: syncing does not stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.