967 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2010 2:29 PM by wjosten
Find and delete all the .ipsw files on your computer, they are located here:
OS X ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates
XP C:\Documents and Settingsusername\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
Vista & 7 C:\Usersusername\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
You will most likely have to turn on "show all hidden files" to find it. This will force itunes to re-download the current firmware. Make sure any firewalls and anti-virus are turned OFF before you attempt to do so. Then:
See if you can force the phone into recovery mode:
Leave the USB cable connected to your computer, but NOT your phone, itunes running, press & hold the home button while connecting the USB cable to your dock connector, continue holding the home button until you see “Connect to iTunes” on the screen. You may now release the home button. iTunes should now display that it has detected your phone in recovery mode, if not quit and reopen iTunes. If you still don’t see the recovery message repeat these steps again. iTunes will give you the option to restore from a backup or set up as new.
If this doesn't work, try a different computer.
To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens you can either be in Classic View or Control Panel Home view:
If you are in the Classic View do the following:
1. Double-click on the Folder Options icon.
2. Click on the View tab.
3. Go to step 5.
If you are in the Control Panel Home view do the following:
1. Click on the Appearance and Personalization link .
2. Click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
3. Go to step 5.
5. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
6. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.
9. Now Windows Vista is configured to show all hidden files.