Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring from old iPod Touch

Hello people !

I had an iPod Touch around an year ago (it was I believe the first generation one) and was using it regularly. However, at one point I lost it when my wallet got stolen.

Now, I recently received a 32GB latest generation iPod Touch again as a gift and I have the following 2 questions -

(1) Since I am using the sample Apple ID, is there anyway I can restore the applications that were originally on the iPod Touch?
(2) After that time, I discarded the computer I used to have at that point (formatted it, installed Linux and gave it a friend of mine) and I have a new Windows 7 laptop. However, I authorized it to connect to my iPod and it says this is my 2/5 computers authorized. Any way to deauthorize my first one?
(3) Is there any need, and if so how, for me to somehow tell Apple that the first iPod has been lost? I understand it's a little too late (it's been a year since I lost it) and I should have asked this question immediately after losing it, but I never thought I would have another Apple product again, and I am wrong now 😀

Thank you!

hari

PC, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 12, 2010 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2010 9:38 AM

Hello harisund,

I will try to answer each of these the best I can. 🙂

(1) Since I am using the sample Apple ID, is there anyway I can restore the applications that were originally on the iPod Touch?

Yes. You can simply redownload them for free. For more information, see this Apple support document.
[How to redownload purchased apps from the App Store|http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519]

(2) After that time, I discarded the computer I used to have at that point (formatted it, installed Linux and gave it a friend of mine) and I have a new Windows 7 laptop. However, I authorized it to connect to my iPod and it says this is my 2/5 computers authorized. Any way to deauthorize my first one?

You can not deauthorize a computer you no longer have access to. No need to worry though because you still have 3 more authorizations available. And if you do manage to fill all 5, you can always use the deauthorize all option, which can only be used once a year. For more information, see this Apple support document.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1420

(3) Is there any need, and if so how, for me to somehow tell Apple that the first iPod has been lost? I understand it's a little too late (it's been a year since I lost it) and I should have asked this question immediately after losing it, but I never thought I would have another Apple product again, and I am wrong now

Nope. Simply connected the new one, register it, and be on your way.

Hope this helps.

B-rock
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2010 9:38 AM in response to harisund

Hello harisund,

I will try to answer each of these the best I can. 🙂

Yes. You can simply redownload them for free. For more information, see this Apple support document.
[How to redownload purchased apps from the App Store|http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519]

You can not deauthorize a computer you no longer have access to. No need to worry though because you still have 3 more authorizations available. And if you do manage to fill all 5, you can always use the deauthorize all option, which can only be used once a year. For more information, see this Apple support document.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1420

(3) Is there any need, and if so how, for me to somehow tell Apple that the first iPod has been lost? I understand it's a little too late (it's been a year since I lost it) and I should have asked this question immediately after losing it, but I never thought I would have another Apple product again, and I am wrong now

Nope. Simply connected the new one, register it, and be on your way.

Hope this helps.

B-rock

Restoring from old iPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.