Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Soundbridge internet radio and Airport Extreme

I have an airport extreme as a hub with wireless network connected BY ETHERNET to a Soundbridge internet radio and music player. The Soundbridge is connected and can describe the network and recognises and plays iTunes from my Mac via 'FireFly'. However the Soundbridge cannot recognise or play internet radio (its primary function) and cannot update time (a good clue).
Launch Bonjour and the Soundbridge is there with IP address but cannot penetrate Airport Extreme for (internet) radio libraries.
Connection is:
Connected via: Ethernet
Wired MAC address: 00:0d:4b: *:**:*
WiFi MAC address: 00:0d:4b: *:**:*
IP Address: 192. **.*.
Address Source: DHCP
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192. **.*.
DNS 1: 192. **.*.
DNS 2: 0.0.0.0

Problem is the same if I switch to wireless, iTunes but no radio???

<Edited by Host>

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 13, 2010 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2010 1:41 AM

Is your firewall turned on?
4 replies

Jun 19, 2010 4:35 AM in response to DaddyPaycheck

Firewall all good. Both Airport and Norton Symantec. It seems the problem was Java not permitted. I had no idea SB used Java.
Anyway. I have Java allowed and have put my connections back (I was advised wrong by apple support - oops): Modem goes into Mac and into AEBS - AEBS into Soundbridge by ethernet (or wireless) now working fine
Radio 4 - Bliss (I'm stuck in Hong Kong)
Thanks (I did try turning-off the AEBS Firewall - and lucky made no difference)

Soundbridge internet radio and Airport Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.