Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Publish Site Changes Grayed Out

I'm having trouble publishing new pages to my website. Previously when I clicked on "Publish" the pages went directly to my MobileMe/iDisk account. iWeb would then ask if I wanted to tell others and/or go to the site. Now it tells me that my pages have been published to the "selected folder." I believe the problem stems from my installation of Webcrusher. Since my pages have a lot of images I want to do all I can to secure rapid loading of the pages and Webcrusher seemed a good solution. But I think it configured iWeb to load the pages to the "selected file". I have found the "selected file" and it did contain the new pages. So did my domain file in the standard iWeb folder in the Library Directory.

So, I want to get back to iWeb publishing directly to MobileMe but the Publish Site Changes button is grayed out. I have taken the following actions to reactivate the button: uninstalled Webcrusher (using Clean App), deleted the preferences file, rebooted (numerous times), reinstalled iLife '09, and tried launching iWeb by clicking directly on the domain file. Button is still gray.

I know that I have the option of using an FTP or even dragging the pages to iDisk (although that part confuses me since I can't really seem to find the "pages" just all of the bits and pieces of same) but I would really like to have the simplicity of my iWeb back.

All help appreciated.

Mac Pro 2x2.66 Dual-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.5.7), iLife '09, Apeture, Photoshop, Nikon D80 and Canon HD-30

Posted on Jun 14, 2010 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2010 3:42 PM

What is it you want to do at this time? If you want to start publishing directly to MMe the click on the site folder in iWeb and change the setting to Publish to MobileMe:

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

If you want to continue using WebCrusher this might be of some help: Old Toad's Tutorial #2 - Uploading only those published new or newly edited files when using a 3rd party FTP client.

OT
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2010 3:42 PM in response to alice_srq

What is it you want to do at this time? If you want to start publishing directly to MMe the click on the site folder in iWeb and change the setting to Publish to MobileMe:

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

If you want to continue using WebCrusher this might be of some help: Old Toad's Tutorial #2 - Uploading only those published new or newly edited files when using a 3rd party FTP client.

OT

Publish Site Changes Grayed Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.