Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4, 16GB vs. 32GB

I'm about to pre-order my iPhone and I'm leaning towards the 16GB to save some $$. I currently have a 16GB 3GS and I have about 2GB free.

So far, I'm using about 12GB for music (I swap out music regularly, I have an iPod Classic for all my tunes), 1/2GB of photos, and about 1GB of apps.

I like to take pics with my phone, but only candids and stuff for FB. I don't shoot a lot of video and don't really store any video on the phone.

I know that my use of the phone could change and that I will likely take more photos and maybe some vids, but is it really worth an extra $100 or should I just remove some of the music?

Any advice?

Windows 7

Posted on Jun 15, 2010 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2010 12:17 PM

You won't be able to add 16Gb in at a later date, and even if you could I bet it would cost more that $100. Even if you don't need the extra capacity right now I'm betting you'll want it before you feel able to upgrade again.

tt2

... wishing he didn't have to wait 18 months to upgrade to what looks much shinier than his still shiny 6 month old 3Gs... Wannna new toy! Want!
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2010 12:17 PM in response to jwagher

You won't be able to add 16Gb in at a later date, and even if you could I bet it would cost more that $100. Even if you don't need the extra capacity right now I'm betting you'll want it before you feel able to upgrade again.

tt2

... wishing he didn't have to wait 18 months to upgrade to what looks much shinier than his still shiny 6 month old 3Gs... Wannna new toy! Want!

Jun 15, 2010 12:21 PM in response to turingtest2

turingtest2 wrote:

tt2

I totally agree. I currently have a 16GB 3G. I think I have 4-5 GB left. I could have opted for the 16GB iphone 4 but decided to get the 32GB because I may never know if I might need it later. Just like the unlimited data plan vs the 2GB data plan. I decided to keep the unlimited even though I have never gone past 2GB because I may never know if I will. There is no turning back. 🙂

Jun 15, 2010 12:22 PM in response to turingtest2

If you only have about 2gb left on your current 16gb iphone, you should go for the 32gb just in case you need the extra space. You will over time add more and more things like music and apps to your new iphone and you don't want to have to pay full price when you are out of memory or wait for your next eligible upgrade time. I think the extra $100 is worth it since you are almost at full capacity with the 16gb now.

iPhone 4, 16GB vs. 32GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.