Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

color profile and 16 bit printing

I read a post that said sRBG was the best color profile for ibook. It is also the smallest gamut compared to Adobe 1998 or ProRGB. Is it really "the best" one to use? Also, can iBook printing support 16 bit files? If the answers are yes to sRGB and no to 16 bit, does anyone have a suggestion for someplace else to have only one book printed? Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Jun 15, 2010 1:36 PM

2 replies

Jun 15, 2010 2:12 PM in response to Daisy Newcomb

I read a post that said sRBG was the best color profile for ibook. It is also the smallest gamut compared to Adobe 1998 or ProRGB. Is it really "the best" one to use?

Yes - that is the reason that it is recommended - user experience with Adobe RGB for example has been unsatisfactory

And note that iPhoto is a consumer product and the books are designed for consumers - I find them outstanding as do most users. Only you can choose what pleases you.

for more info on preparing your photo see - http://www.apple.com/support/photoservices/preparation_tips/

Generally you will find that doing less editing and doing it in iPhoto will produce the best (yes - best does mean best once again) results

Also, can iBook printing support 16 bit files?

No idea

If the answers are yes to sRGB and no to 16 bit, does anyone have a suggestion for someplace else to have only one book printed? Thank you.

Google is a wonderful resource for things like this

LN

color profile and 16 bit printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.