Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signature Confirmation for Delivery

Does Apple and Att require a signature if they ship the iphone to your house?

iMac G4 iPhone 8GB iPod Video 30 GB, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Jun 15, 2010 3:12 PM

8 replies

Jun 15, 2010 3:22 PM in response to IPODTIM

{quote:title=+Sales and Refund Policy-U.S. Consumer+}{quote}
...Please note that for deliveries that require a signature, if you are willing to assume the risks of delivering your order without a signature, you may authorize Apple to arrange for a delivery that does not require anyone to be at the delivery address...

Found here:
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html#topic-15

<hr>
Ben

Jun 15, 2010 3:23 PM in response to IPODTIM

Yes.

Apple requires this with all hardware shipments and usually with software shipments as well.

If they didn't and the package was left at the door and stolen, or left at the wrong door, it would open up one big can of worms.

You don't want this any other way, not with an expensive device you have paid for.

You can have the order shipped to your home or office.

Jun 15, 2010 3:33 PM in response to IPODTIM

You're welcome.

It isn't a court summons. 😉

it is the same as with any other carrier/package delivery that requires a signature. Anyone at the ship to address can accept and sign for the delivery - usually the recipient must print and sign their name especially if the recipient has bad handwriting or not possible to make out their name with their signature.

This was the carrier can provide the person's name that accepted and signed for it if needed.

Jun 15, 2010 5:06 PM in response to IPODTIM

Im assuming if no one is home, they'll leave a notice and you can pick it up at the delivery center? Im working that day and fedex/ups usually come by late morning/early afternoon so I may miss them. Although the guy usually drops off the package and is driving away in his truck before I get to the door anyways.

Jun 15, 2010 5:33 PM in response to IPODTIM

For roll outs like this, will Fed/Ex and UPS be making special, dedicated deliveries, or could I assume that my UPS driver will deliver at his normal time? I'm just wondering if people can offer insight based on past experience. Of course on the 24th I'm in and out all day and afraid I will miss signing for the package. Also, another poster said that they could opt out of signing for the packed in the order status section of their Apple Account. Anyone know is this is true?

Thanks.

Signature Confirmation for Delivery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.