Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer thinks I'm still in China

I was in China a month ago where Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube are all blocked and I could not access them using Safari. I'm now in the USA and can access Youtube, but Facebook and Twitter are still blocked from my Macbook Pro using Safari, though I can access them from other computers in my home on the same internet connection. Those sites are blocked even if I change internet connections. I have cleared the cache and reset Safari, but it doesn't help. How can this be? I even used MacScan to remove spyware. Any idea what is going on and what to do about it?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 15, 2010 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2010 12:13 AM

Maybe the computer has Jet Lag....... ?

Try removing your cookies by using the "Reset Safari" link under the the Safari drop down menu.
Then put a check in remove all cookies.

Or, you can remove them manually under Safari > Preferences > Security and then click on the "Show Cookies" button. Choose the cookies you want to remove.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2010 12:13 AM in response to Stalefortunecookie

Maybe the computer has Jet Lag....... ?

Try removing your cookies by using the "Reset Safari" link under the the Safari drop down menu.
Then put a check in remove all cookies.

Or, you can remove them manually under Safari > Preferences > Security and then click on the "Show Cookies" button. Choose the cookies you want to remove.

Jun 27, 2010 7:44 AM in response to Stalefortunecookie

Hi Stale fortune cookie.

I to am having the exact same problem, having come form china 3 days ago.

did you find a solution?

I tried clearing my cache, and erasing my browser history, ensuring my computer time zone was set to USA, and still have no luck.

I assume it is a computer OS problem because every browser I choose, will not work for ANY of the sites that are blocked in China.

thanx

My computer thinks I'm still in China

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.