Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone provide a contact for a charity request in the U.K

Hi all

I do apologise as this is my first post but not sure where else to ask as i cant find anything on the main site.
Basically our son has four limbed cerebral palsy with limited use of one hand and the new ipad has opened up a new avenue for him with regards to speech and vocalisation using a portable computer with a large screen and icons. He is now approaching 15 and the state has not provided him with a speech machine and as he cannot talk this has limited him.Basically we are looking for a contact within Apple that may be able to help us with an ipad for him so we can install a special app on it.
http://www.therapy-box.co.uk/pricelist.aspx
You can purchase this as a package above but we are a low income family due to caring for our son 24/7. We can and would provide proffesional support letters and evidence to the contact so please dont think this is some cranky 10 year old trying to blag an ipad, we are quite desperate and dont know where we can turn for help.Believe it or not there are very few charities willing to finance equipment for individuals in the UK, Scope do try and farm out help to small charities but their funds are very limited.

We are quite embarresed that we are asking for help so openly so please be kind, we would love our son to be able to utilise such a machine for day to day speech.

Many thanks for any help or advise Tony and Lisa

Windows 7

Posted on Jun 16, 2010 4:45 AM

3 replies

Jun 16, 2010 7:39 AM in response to Tonyathome

Apple typically does not provide donations, to individuals or to organizations, so you're chances are small. But you can try writing to their sales office:

http://www.apple.com/uk/contact/

and see if they could do something for you. I think, though, you would have more luck contacting a local dealer rather than Apple Corporate. Apple, I'm sure, gets thousands of worthy requests like yours and so is less likely to be in a position to help any given individual than would a local business or charity.

Best regards.

Can anyone provide a contact for a charity request in the U.K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.