Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 9.2 Album Art Image Issue

Hi,

I noticed that the "default" image for an album without album art looks funny in iTunes 9.2 (since I've updated). Instead of the usual black square with the music note in the middle, I see a dark purple-blue square with the music note in the center and some horizontal lines across the square (it looks noisy/distorted). The second time I started iTunes, it returned to black (semi-transparent of course) but with the noisy horizontal lines still there.

Image:
http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/2fa4ce8f4e5342a7b14d41cf8384c96e/px-assets/5d1 56f3962fb48d8be48182fd0cbf1a1

Is this normal? Does anyone have such an issue too?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jun 17, 2010 12:24 AM

8 replies

Jun 26, 2010 8:28 PM in response to colin N

Exactly the same issue here. I don't think this has anything to do with iTunes though. Talked with a genius the other day, he said this could be a graphics driver glitch. I've also had my Macbook Pro replaced once due to a display problem (flickering backlight LED), both units exhibited the same issue. I thought 10.6.4 would fix this but I was wrong, which mac model do you have?
Mine is a mid 2010 Macbook Pro with anti-glare high-rez screen.

iTunes 9.2 Album Art Image Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.