1432 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2010 4:42 PM by xgator420x
1. Open Computer from the Start menu.
2. From the Organize menu, choose Folder and Search Options.
3. Click the View tab.
4. In the "Advanced settings" pane under "Hidden files and folders," make sure that the "Show hidden files and folders" option is selected.
5. Click OK.
6. Navigate to the following location by either typing it into the address bar, copying and pasting it into the address bar, or clicking through the folder hierarchy listed:
7. Right-click the SC Info folder shown and on the shortcut menu, choose Delete.
8. Restart the computer, launch itunes, can you successfully sign in now? Also, make sure your computer is authorized, Store>Authorize this Computer.
Still wont allow me to login successfully. I can't authorize or deauthorize anything. I've only ever had iTunes on 2 previous machines linked to this account. When it was initially setup for my iPhone I deauthorized all other machines I thought, it keeps telling me that an account has already been set up and that I should log in with my Apple ID. But then they want either a CC, iTunes giftcard or whatever else to set up the actual account. This is a big headache to just update a phone or back one up. At this point, I see no point in having this phone if I can't update it without losing the stuff I paid for, such as music, apps and videos.