Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Keyboard - Power Button 'Cover'???

I picked up the bluetooth keyboard for my iPad and am very pleased at how well it works... My only issue is the power forces the on-screen keyboard off-screen...

When I put it into my bag I find at times the power button is pressed and it turns the keyboard back on... I'm looking for some type of a power switch cover... Anybody have any ideas??? I'm hoping to find something a little better than a taped piece of cardboard...

iPad 3G 16GB, iPhone OS 3.1.3

Posted on Jun 17, 2010 4:40 PM

8 replies

Jun 21, 2010 8:54 AM in response to Doug Eldred

I fully turn it off... I press and hold power until the green light turns off, then after I do the bluetooth icon on my iPad screen turns off...

When I'm carrying my bag around, it obviously has the capability to press the power button for long enough to power it on...

I found another issue too... When the keyboard is turned on it has the capability of waking the iPad and unlocking it without having to touch anything on the iPad itself...

Dec 11, 2011 8:20 PM in response to Bobby T

I just came up with a solution to this problem that is cheap, and in my case free. I went to the office supply cabinet and fished out the big kind of clip. (http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/963439/OIC-Large-Binder-Clips-2-Wide/?cm_c at=2000000351) The black kind with the wings/handles that flip down. Turned the keyboard off first, since the clip will depress two keys, and clipped the clip around the round part of the keyboard affording a little over hang so nothing can easily depress the power button.User uploaded file

Bluetooth Keyboard - Power Button 'Cover'???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.