Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some movies don't save artwork

Hi, last days I can't add artwork to some of my movies, I do the same as before (drag & drop the jpg image from google search directly on artwork box of my movie in iTunes).

I checked more and tried also to add the image file with Add button without success.

The artwork seem to be added correctly when I click OK button but when I reopen the movie (information) I can't see the artwork.

I don't know how to do to solve this problem, just for completion I do this in order to see the artworks on my AppleTV.

My hardware configuration: iMac 10.6.3 late 2009, iTunes 9.2 (61), AppleTV 3.02.

Thanks and best regards, Roberto.

iMac late '09 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jun 18, 2010 1:48 AM

3 replies

Jun 18, 2010 2:40 AM in response to dalrmi

check if you have read & write permissions for your music folder. in finder, right-click on it and +get info+. unlock the little padlock (you may have to enter your admin password) and change the permission settings. next, click on the little gear-shaped icon and +apply to enclosed items+ like so

User uploaded file

you may also give everyone read & write access.

J GG

User uploaded file

Jun 18, 2010 2:46 AM in response to Jolly Giant

Thanks, I checked and my account has read&write permissions on music folder, however I don't use that folder to save my movies, I put them on an external hard disk drive (USB) and also in that folder my account is configured correctly as per permissions.

I found out, I'm very happy, a workaround to this problem and I'd like to share it with other users: I used the METAX application to add an artwork to movie file and it worked! I can see the artwork into my iTunes AND on my AppleTV.

This isn't the solution to iTunes problem however it's a workaround that works, I hope Apple will look to it and try to fix it in next iTunes releases.

Thanks again for your quick reply, ROberto.

Some movies don't save artwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.