Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log in to Google Calendar

On my iMac with Safari 4.0.5, for the last few days I can't log in as it keeps asking for me to verify my password (this happens from time to time for security reasons, then normally it just accepts my keychain).

However, every time I enter my password it just returns me to the same screen without the documented error message - this is an eventuality covered in the help pages, but none of the suggestions work for this situation work.

However I have no problem with the same [correct] password in Safari on my MBP, or in Chrome on my iMac, but I do have the problem in Firefox ...

Quitting and re-launching has not helped either.

I have posted this on my local MUG and on the Google forum and not had a single suggestion.

Cheers, Colin

iMac Core 2 Extreme 2.8GHz, 3Gb, 24"; 15" MBP 2.4GHz, 3Gb, Mac OS X (10.5.8), MBP (2007} & iBook G4 on its last legs but needed for legacy Classic files

Posted on Jun 18, 2010 5:55 AM

10 replies

Jun 18, 2010 6:42 AM in response to Colin Cohen

HI Colin,

Open Keychain Access (Application/Utilities) Select Passwords on the left. Delete the Google keychain.

Relaunch Safari and try logging in to Google. Click Yes when prompted.

If you still can't login, delete the, "Safari Forms Autofill" in Keychain Access. Relaunch Safari and try Google again.

And, from the Safari Menu Bar click Safari/Preferences then select the Security tab. Make sure: User names and passwords is checked.

Carolyn 🙂

Jun 18, 2010 7:55 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks Carolyn.

Before I do something I might regret I have Google Service: Google Desktop, Google Service: Google Notifier and Google Services in my login Keychain - which one is to go? Or all?

Incidentally eve in Safari Google Notifier tells me if I have new mail, but I still can't get at it!

Any idea why this should have gone wrong?

Cheers, Colin

Jun 22, 2010 2:14 PM in response to Colin Cohen

I'm having the same problem as well, Colin. I can use Gmail just fine, but I keep getting the verify email & password screen when I attempt to view my Google calendar, even if I click the link for the calendar from within Gmail. 😟

Oh, I should mention that I'm using Firefox 3.6.3 on my Macbook Pro.

Message was edited by: ndgreer

Jun 22, 2010 2:48 PM in response to ndgreer

Same problem here - Started yesterday after I updated iTunes.. Not saying there is necessarily a connection, just saying what I was doing when the problem first occurred...

I deleted Google Notifier but the issue persists... Freaky catch: It wants the password for an email account that is not mine but belongs to another family member who doesn't even use this computer.

Jun 22, 2010 3:19 PM in response to Los Angeles

Hang on..... Anyone else having this problem also using BusySync? Seems something funky happened with that app... In the pref settings I re-entered the passwords for the addresses involved in the syncing and it seemed to fix the problem... Sending BusySync an email to suggest they identify their app as the source of the popup window/request for log-in info.

Message was edited by: Los Angeles

Jun 22, 2010 11:54 PM in response to Los Angeles

I still have the problem I posted about - I have not deleted the three Google-related keychains I have as they did not match those Carolyn mentioned and I did not want to create further problems.

I successively quite safari and restarted but still have the problem with Safari and Firefox, but not in Chrome which I no just use for gCal - is this a Google conspiracy?

As with others I can't log into my Calendar from gMail [which is fine] or iGoogle.

I don't have BusySync - I did once - but now only seem to have 3 zipped copies of it.

Cheers, Colin

Jun 24, 2010 8:34 AM in response to Colin Cohen

I'm having the same problem (verify email/password loop), however it's only with Safari that I'm unable to access my Google Calendar. Firefox works fine. Yesterday, I ran a routine software update sent by Apple. Now I'm S.O.L. when trying to access my Google Calendar through Safari.

The odd thing is that I'm able to access my other Google apps (gDocs, gMail, gReader) without any issues. Regardless, it ***** not being able to access my gCalendar. It's my lifeline to coordinating my world.

Somebody please post a remedy soon!

Message was edited by: howellm

Message was edited by: howellm

Jun 24, 2010 9:06 AM in response to Colin Cohen

I figured it out on my end. I went into the Security section of Safari's Preferences, chose the button to Show Cookies, then keyed "Google" in the search window to bring up only Google-related cookies. Then, I found and deleted any cookies (5 in total) related to calendar. Once the old cookies were deleted, I simply restarted Safari and my gCal came right up.

BTW, A quick way to sort/find all the calendar cookies is to sort by the "path" column after doing the initial Google search within the cookies. That way they'll all be grouped together nice and neat for you.

Can't log in to Google Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.