Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony Clock Radio iPhone Compatibility

Just wondering if anyone has the Sony Clock Radio ICF-C7IP and is using it with the iPhone 3GS? I just purchased it the other day and it works fine with my original iPhone but since I am going to upgrade to the iPhone4 next week I wanted to make sure it would be compatible before I get past my refund period. I only ask because I thought there was a difference in charging between the original iPhone and the 3GS and compatibility with some accessories. I know the car charger I have worked fine with my iPhone but didn't seem to charge my friend's 3GS.

Thanks!

iMac 20in (Intel), MacBook Pro (2.53GHz), Original iPhone, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jun 18, 2010 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2010 8:45 PM

Your best bet is to email sony. I just purchased the sony dream machine ICF-CL75iP. I email them to see if it would be compatible with the new iphone 4G. They replied with a "NO". I am sad, but what the hay! I am still buying the new iphone 4G.
4 replies

Jun 27, 2010 9:03 AM in response to bandit

Just an FYI for anyone wondering about an answer to my question...I finally got around to testing out my iPhone4 with the Sony Clock Radio ICF-C7IP and it seems to work just fine. It docks fine (even in my case), appears to charge appropriately, plays music, and it can be fully controlled with the sony remote. Best part....no annoying incompatibility notification either. So far so good. Looks like Sony just may have been being cautious in saying it didn't work since they really had no idea. I'll update if things change with any updates but for now I am pleasantly surprised and pleased.

Sony Clock Radio iPhone Compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.