Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location Services disabled message on iPad with new finder app

I have downloaded the new FIND MY iPHONE app. Works great fro my phone but can not find my iPad. It keeps saying locations services disabled on both devices. I have gone into settings and turned off and on the location services and turned the unit off and on and I still get a message saying it is disabled. Any thoughts?

iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jun 18, 2010 4:28 PM

5 replies

Aug 1, 2010 9:02 PM in response to Graham_e

On the iPad, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars;
on right side of display under Accounts, select the account name associated with your MobileMe account;
within the window that opens for that account, turn ON the switch associated with Find My iPad, then select Done.

With a WiFi-only iPad, I believe the MobileMe "Find My iPhone" feature will locate your iPad on a map only if the location (lat/long coordinates) of the WiFi router being used is registered with Skyhook (see http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/coverage.php).

Location Services disabled message on iPad with new finder app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.