Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem migrating to new Mac mini Server from Time Machine Backup

I sell my old Mac mini Server and after I purchase the new one (unibody). I had the Time Machine Backup but I'm not able to restore it to the new mac mini. I started it with the Server Install DVD into it and I went to Utility menu to choose "*Restore from Time Machine backup*" but it said that *it was not possible to restore the backup to this machine because its a different hardware, and suggested to use Migration*. So I restarted it and when it asked me to choose between "setting up a new server" or "transfer information from an existing server" I chose this last. In the next menu didn't appear any Time Machine backups so I mounted the time machine backup and copied the Latest hd backup to an external firewire hd and I connected it to the new one. In the migration menu list appeared my backup but there was a *yellow triangle icon* over it and the message "*Migration is not supported from servers which are configured to use dynamic network addresses. Configure the source system to have a manual network address and try again*". But how can I config a static address into my backup if I can't restore it into a machine? I don't have anymore the old mac mini to restore the backup and make any change in the configuration!
Any one can please help or give me suggestions?
Many thanks

Mac mini Server, Mac OS X (10.6.3), Mac OS X Server 10.6.3

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 1:22 AM

3 replies

Problem migrating to new Mac mini Server from Time Machine Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.