Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't connect to bluetooth headset.

All it does is search and search and search. I have the headset (Motorola) turned on and sitting right next to it and it can't find it. Am I doing something wrong? It will connect to my PC but not the headset. Thanks for any help!

emachine, Windows Vista

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 6:22 AM

13 replies

Feb 28, 2017 8:39 PM in response to joebuggs

I Was trying to connect my Aftershokz Blues 2 to my Ipad without success. holding the headset on/off button produced the normal "connected" voice message, but ipad settings showed no headset in the Bluetooth page. I disconnected Bluetooth on my iphone settings incase only one Bluetooth connection at a time was possible... No success. Then someone suggested holding the on/off button for an extended time.

I did this during the off cycle I think and the voice message said "Pairing". then the iPad settings Bluetooth revealed the Aftershokz Blues 2 and I had connection. I'm listening to iPad iTunes as I type.

So, in short hold the off button for about 10 seconds till "pairing"is heard.

Jan 2, 2011 5:58 AM in response to Iyonas

I have the same headset. It will not work with IPad or IPod Touch because the headset uses Hands Free Protocol and that is not supported on these. It is rather upsetting since the protocol is supported on the iPhone. Hopefully a future update will support it on iPad and iPods. The link below is apples table of which protocols are supported by device.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3647

Jul 8, 2011 10:39 AM in response to joebuggs

An update to all the bluetooth chatter. I own an iPad2 with the latest OS. Just purchased the Motorola S10-HD stereo headphones (bluetooth). At first the iPad wouldn't recognize them, however, I reset the headpones to factory condition removing previous profiles. Viola! they connected. I hope this helps other folks, as I was about to box up the headphones and return them to WalMart. Also, the instructions included with the headphones say that you will need the bluetooth D670 adaptor for ipod...this may hold true for the actual ipod, but you DO NOT NEED to buy the adapter for an iPad2. I can forward through my music, pause, stop, play...fully functional!

Aug 30, 2011 6:24 PM in response to mapgirl1974

Following up on the above...

My S10-HD paired straight out of the box w/ my iPod Touch 2G; however, when I tried to pair it with my iPad 2, the iPad 2 would just search...and search...and search.

On page 7 of the S10-HD manual, you'll see a note saying, "To pair your headphones again, press and hold the "0" (power) key until the status light becomes steadily lit in blue".

This proved to be the key to getting the S10-HD to work with the iPad 2. The S10-HD needs to be "off", then you'll have to press and hold for around 7 to 10 seconds.

Furthermore, it appears (from my own testing; your results may differ) that the S10-HD can only be paired to one device at a time. That may sound obvious, but what it means is that you'll first have to turn off Bluetooth on the paired device with which the S10-HD is currently connected, then connect it to the other device with which it is already paired. (Kind of a pain, but I can live with it.)

Also, if there's anyone considering the S9-HD or who's had an S9-HD fail because of sweat incursion (i.e., you use it at the gym, etc.), Motorola is offering a warranty upgrade from the S9-HD to the S10-HD. What you need to know is: (1) The S9-HD will fail from the least bit of sweat entering the unit through the speakers; and (2) The S9-HD sounds better than the S10-HD (a lot better...it's a tradeoff you have to be willing to live with if you want these for exercise). To get the S10-HD if you've experienced prob's w/ your S9-HD as described, call Julie Scofield in the Consumer Advocacy Office at Motorola's Corporate Headquarters: (847) 523-5852.

iPad won't connect to bluetooth headset.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.