Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant open iTunes store 'NETWORK RESET' message

I keep getting a 'network reset' message when i try to connect to the iTunes store. I can check for itunes updates just fine and Safari works properly.

I removed iTunes and re-downloaded it again... problem still there.

The internet (safari) is working fine. Connecting with both airport AND a LAN line gives same message.

HELP! 4 year old powerbook g4 w/ 1.67 processor and 1 gig ddr ram. OS 10.4.11 and all updates are up to date.

It has been giving me this 'network reset' message for two days now.

powerbook g4, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 21, 2010 8:05 AM

4 replies

Jun 21, 2010 1:40 PM in response to Thomas Benedum

so far, no luck.

i turned off fire wall... no help.

weird thing is, i can play live streaming 'radio' through itunes.. it connects to any of the radio stations just fine.... but still gives 'Network RESET' message when i try to go to the itunes store or log onto my account =(

**** i hate random, chaotic events... probably karma related.....

Jul 11, 2010 11:08 AM in response to Thomas Benedum

I had the same issue. Today I couldn't even open the iTunes store. I set up a support call and no sooner had I hit the button than the phone rang. After spending half an hour troubleshooting which included resetting Safari, I think we hit upon a solution. The tech had me move the iTunes preferences file to the desktop. When I reopened iTunes it recreated the file and everything seems to work fine now.

The file is located at: user/library/preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist.

Don't delete it until you're sure the new one works. You'll have to walk through your iTunes preferences and reset a few things to the way they were before, but it's relatively painless. Good luck.

cant open iTunes store 'NETWORK RESET' message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.