Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

24-hour clock (vs. AM & PM)

I use iCal Version 3.0.8 (1287).
iCal allows AM and PM.
With my Mac I use the 24-hour clock (1 PM = 13, Midnignt = 24).
But I do not know how to with iCal.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message was edited by: RZBBK

Dual 2.33 GHz PowerPC G5, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Mac OS X (10.4.8) with Dual 500 MHz PowerPC G4

Posted on Jun 22, 2010 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2010 3:26 PM

RZBBK ,

Quit iCal, open System Preferences...>International>Formats>Times>Customize...>Short/Medium/Long/Full and enter your 24 hour preference. Log in/out or restart and check for your 24 hour format in iCal.
User uploaded file

;~)

User uploaded file
6 replies

Jun 27, 2010 12:24 AM in response to Ferd II

Unfortunately because many USA persons are used to AM/PM and they actually have a problem with a 24-hour clock. My American-born wife is a good example: my mobile works with a 24-hour clock; if she asks me for the time, I read it and sometimes I answer 17:35 (or whatever in the PM). She -college graduate who also worked as an economic researcher at the University of Pennsylvania and at Columbia University- still does not get it! Obviously she does not care enough to learn it! Except for the military, I guess that many people are too lazy 🙂

Jul 3, 2010 10:47 PM in response to RZBBK

RZBBK,
Except for the military,

Most people assume AM, or PM when giving the time, but I had a drill instructor who emphasized the difference with a question...Is that AM, or PM? The inflection that he used for AM/PM made his point and forever seared the beauty of 0600/1800 in my mind. 😉

;~)

User uploaded file

24-hour clock (vs. AM & PM)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.