Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail crashed hard after 10.6.4 update

Ok, so I have had tons of spinning beachballs in all programs since the 10.6.4 upgrade. Tonight, i was replying to an email and mail app crashed. Then I had a spinning pinwheel on a blue screen. It was very weird. When I restarted the computer and reopened mail app, only my mobile me messages were there, and all my other accounts were missing. However, I opened time machine (last backup was less than 24 hours ago) and all of the mail messages are in time machine. What's the easiest way to restore just mail? I went into Time Machine through mail and clicked on restore, but nothing happened ⚠. Everything else seems unaffected by this crash. I plan to check the disks before I do a restore. I am booting from a 500GB drive, with about 30 GB free space.

Thanks,
Kat

MacBook 10.6.4. 2GHZ intel core 2 duo 4GB ram, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Also have G4 powermac desktop machine running Leopard

Posted on Jun 22, 2010 6:26 PM

2 replies

Jun 25, 2010 8:34 PM in response to Kathleen Theisen

The problems that I am having since the upgrade is that I can't have all my mail accounts active. I am using mobile me to sync between my mini server, iPhone 3G and MacBook Pro mind 2009. I have tried removing all accounts and adding them back in and only two accounts will be active at a time. The accounts that are not showing are marked as (inactive) in the preferences/accounts pane.

I have my gmail account, my work account, yahoo. my wife's at&t account and a mobile me account.

This is really strange.

Mail crashed hard after 10.6.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.