Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't download %appdata% error and invaild signature error

HELP! I'm so frustrated! I'm trying to download the latest iTunes and it won't download. I can't sync my iPad or iPhone. iTunes tries to download my new apps, but I keep getting error messages, so no new apps are downloading either. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling from both the Apple site and through iTunes to no avail. I'm sick of all of these error messages! Is there any fixes out there? Thanks!

Windows Vista

Posted on Jun 23, 2010 9:01 AM

3 replies

Jun 23, 2010 5:14 PM in response to KBJ

I am having the same problem. I don't know if my iPad has anything to do with it as I can't even download a version of iTunes required to start up the iPad. I have iTunes 8.something and need 9.1 at least to start the iPad. When I download iTunes -and I've done this about twenty times in blind hope- the download doesn't complete and I get a "Signature error". I get told to go to Tools> and download manually but the same problem remains.
Does that I am in Fiji have anything to do with this? In which case, would bouncing off a proxy server solve the issue? All I want is the latest iTunes.
HELP! I'm so frustrated too.
FYI: This is downloading to Vista OS.

Jun 25, 2010 7:09 AM in response to KBJ

I really have tried everything...I tried uninstalling EVERYTHING even bonjour, and then tried reinstalling through the quicktime website (after several tries from the iTunes site) and still getting the same error message. Now I can't download ANY programs at all! I am starting to think Vista too...that's a common thread here at this post. I'll keep troubleshooting and let everyone know when and if I find a solution. I even tried upgrading to Windows 7, but it would not install at all, so I returned it. UGH!

iTunes won't download %appdata% error and invaild signature error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.