Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

iPhone 4 Reservation

2370 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2010 10:29 PM by danimd48 RSS
danimd48 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 23, 2010 9:25 PM
PLEASE HELP ME!!! my dad is the primary account holder on my ATT account and cant go to the apple store tomorrow to pick up my iphone 4. is there anyway i can get the phone purchased and activated without my dad? PLEASE PLEASE help me!!!
macbook, iOS 4
  • mauijiminar Level 4 Level 4 (1,605 points)
    Jun 23, 2010 9:27 PM (in response to danimd48)
    The answer is no he must activate it!
    2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.3), I Phone 3Gs, iPad wi fi 64 gb, Apple TV Airport Express, Time Capsule
  • gdgmacguy Level 6 Level 6 (18,405 points)
    Jun 23, 2010 9:50 PM (in response to danimd48)
    The primary account holder or authorized signer must be present
    MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.3), iPhone
  • SolarPower Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)
    Jun 23, 2010 9:53 PM (in response to danimd48)
    The answer is yes. Because activation must be done from your computer. You purchase it and take it home.
    PC, Windows XP Pro
  • MastaKilla Calculating status...
    Jun 23, 2010 9:56 PM (in response to danimd48)
    Holy crap bud, how many threads are you going to start about this? You've started 11 threads!
    Custom Watercooled Intel 965 XE
  • NguyenPhero Calculating status...
    Jun 25, 2010 4:15 AM (in response to danimd48)
    DId you ever find out if you could buy it as an authorized user?
    n/a
  • mbphillips2 Calculating status...
    Jun 25, 2010 2:15 PM (in response to danimd48)
    danimd48 wrote:
    the guy at apple said that you could buy it as an authorized user but when my dad tried to put my brother on the account AT&T said you actually have to go IN to the AT&T store, you cant just call them

This seems a little silly considering the fact that AT&T allows you to add authorized users online through their website. All it asks for is first and last name, too.
  • Jbrown23 Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)
    Jun 26, 2010 1:05 AM (in response to danimd48)
    thats not true i wasnt authorized on my account my dad was and this is when i went to get my 3g and she said she couldnt do it but if he calls and makes me authorized she can do it i called him and within 5mins i was authorized and could do anything i wanted and she activated my phone .
    Gateway, iPhone OS 3.1.3
  • Jbrown23 Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)
    Jun 26, 2010 1:07 AM (in response to Jbrown23)
    u need to tell ur dad to call again and be firm with whoever because my father had no problem at it was done within 5mins of me getting off the phone with him. tell him to ask to speak to a supervisor or something.
    Gateway, iPhone OS 3.1.3

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.